Are you ready to simplify your gift giving?
Thanks for visiting us here at Locate the Local! We’re glad you decided to swing by. Locate the Local is a subscription box and custom gift box company, striving to provide Canadians with as much Canada as you can handle! Although we do enjoy our cheese curds and simmered sap, Canada has quickly become a hotbed of locally made products of all shapes and sizes. But with our great country’s even greater size, where do you begin exploring? Here at Locate the Local, our goal is to seek out the quirky, the unique, the genius and the tasty, all while keeping it Canadian.
Our subscription boxes are geared towards the ladies, and ship out quarterly (January, April, July and October). They are full of Canadian products that we feel great about sharing. So whether giving a subscription as a gift to a loved one, or treating yourself to some of Canada’s best, we’ve got you covered.
If subscription boxes aren’t your style, or if you have a particular theme of gift box in mind, our customizable ‘Build Your Own Box’ section will allow you to create the perfect gift for a special someone (including you!). Choose up to six items from our wide variety of stock, customize your packaging, and let us know if you’d like a special message included. We’ve got it from there! We currently ship across Canada and to the United States, with boxes shipped within 24-48 hours from purchase.
Need a quick, yet thoughtful gift on the fly? Our pre-made boxes are another perfect option to click, ship, and enjoy.
Behind Locate the Local
Meet Alison, owner and curator of fine Canadian goods!
Hey there! I’m Alison, the gal who scours markets, shops and all corners of the web to find you the quirky, the unique, the genius, and (of course) the tasty, all while keeping it Canadian. When I’m not on a Canada-wide treasure hunt, you can find me at the university (completing my Education degree!), spending time with family and friends, and dining at my most recently discovered hole-in-the-wall.
Born and raised in rural Manitoba, homemade and DIY were never all that foreign of a concept. We canned, we sewed, we foraged and we darned. It was only once I moved away from this life style that I realized how unique and rare a concept this was. Here began my fascination with those who created that which they couldn’t find (or didn’t want to buy!)
Locate the Local was born out of a crossroads. Seeking out a more meaningful employment option, and wanting to incorporate some of my passions, Locate the Local appeared with a bang, rather than a slow roll. The website was launched in October of 2016 and I have never looked back! The first LtL subscription box marked the official beginning in January 2017, and this first year has been a phenomenal journey. So here’s to exploring more makers, more Canadian products, and more small businesses!
We love ‘em, and so will you!
We are so very fortunate to work with what we believe is the crème de la crème of Canadian small businesses. Each and every one of these makers take pride in what they do, and their products are their proof. Our list of partners changes as our inventory does, so check back every once and a while to see who’s new!
- Abiding Citizen – Craft Beverage Products – MB
- Aschenti – Farm to Bar Chocolate – MB
- Barbara and Cecile – Quality, Handmade Leather Bags – MB
- Bean and Boo – Hand Sewn Accessories and Clothing For Little Ones – BC
- Beeproject Apiaries – Sustainable, Urban Beekeeping – MB
- BKIND Products – Cruelty-free Skincare – QC
- Charleston and Harlow – Pure Soy Wax Candles – MB
- Cold Hand Ceramics – Handmade Ceramic Goods – MB
- Fat Lye Soap – Perfectly Imperfect Handmade Soap – MB
- Five + Pines – Multipurpose, Eco-Friendly Cloths – MB
- Flora and Farmer –Delightfully Daring Preserves – MB
- Humble Bee Candle Co. – Small Batch Candles and Lip Balm – ON
- Indigo Arrows – Local Indigenous Patterns Reimagined Into Modern Home Décor – MB
- Jack Pine Naturals – Natural Body Care Products – SK
- Karat Chocolate – Luxury Chocolate – BC
- Kitson Blue – Crystal Jewelry and Accessories – MB
- Les Minettes – Handcrafted Crackers, Nuts and Preserves – QC
- Lilac Bakery – Sweet, Classic Bakery – MB
- MaiLin Jewelry – Sentimental Silk Reminder Bracelets – ON
- Maxt Metals – Multi-Tools and the Canadian Straw – MB
- Moonlight For Violet – Geometric Stud Earrings and Necklaces – ON
- Mother of Pearl Handmade – Cotton Rope Vessels – BC
- Mud + Stone – Hand-thrown Ceramics – MB
- Otherware – Ethical, Functional Art and Wearables – BC
- Pebble and Dime – Jewelry and Accessories – MB
- Pep Soap Co. – Farm to Shower Soap – BC
- Pip Creek Farm & Studio – Farmhouse Functional Designs- MB
- Ponytail Mail – Handcrafted Hair Ties – ON
- Prairie Potions –Natural, Handmade Home and Beauty Products – MB
- Pure Anada – Natural Cosmetics – MB
- Red Lemon Natural Living – Effective & Playful Health and Wellness Products – BC
- Rhubarb Paper Co – Cheeky Greeting Cards – NS
- Sarah Neville Studios – Illustrator, Textile Artist and Painter – MB
- Shakti – Beads, Essential Oils and Crystals – ON
- Smak Dab – Gourmet Mustard – MB
- Something Sew Sweet – Handmade Accessories – NS
- Spiffy Naturals – Natural, Organic, Eco-Friendly Home Care Products – ON
- Sprig West – Embellishments For Your Home and Life – BC
- The Wild Kids Apparel – Hand-printed Unisex Apparel and Accessories – ON
- Tout de Sweet Confections – Organic Candy – BC
- Twine Abode – Bath, Body and Home Products – BC
- Ulla Viggo – Shoes for Littles – MB
- Wilder – Design and Leather Manufacturing Creative Space – MB
- Zak Organics – Certified Organic Snacks – SK